Pages

Wednesday 20 February 2019

Home Ec-Chicken and Rice Patties

Last week was our first practical lesson in Home Ec. We made chicken and rice patties which tasted so good.

The recipe that we used had to be altered a bit as they found that some of the things needed to make it was a little bit too much. But the original recipe is printed below.

Ingredients
•3 cups cooked Jasmine rice
•1 chicken breast
•1/2 tbsp olive oil
•1 large carrot
•1 1/3 cups grated cheese
•3 eggs
•3 spring onion stalks

Method
Preheat the oven to 200°
•Slice chicken in half, heat oil in pan and then fry until brown
•Remove from pan and shred apart with fork
•Grate carrot, need about one cup and slice the green onions
•Lightly beat the eggs
•Add cooked rice, chicken, spring onion, eggs and a handful of your cheese Spoon mixture into sprayed muffin tins and top with rest of cheese
•Cook on 200° for 15 minutes
•Let sit in tray, use a knife to cut them out.

What we learnt?

I learnt that you need to be careful with knifes and boards that you use for different things, and to read the recipe.

There were only two people in my group, Presayus and me, so instead of the 12 that the recipe made we were meant to make 6 but I didn't realize that until I had filled all the cups up. So we had to get another tray out and redo it. So I have learnt to read the recipe properly and not to rush.

What I will do next time?

I will read the recipe thoroughly and make sure that I have done everything correctly.

I will also make sure that I will do the mis en place properly and have everything set out, cut up and in little bowls before I start cooking.

The good and bad.

Mostly everything about the practical was good and I enjoyed working with who I did. Since it was quite an easy recipe and we had the chicken/rice already cooked for us, there was only a small space for something to go wrong and thankfully, nothing did go wrong.

It didn't exactly go wrong but we  needed more flavor in them. We could've added more salt and pepper, we could have had a spice or we could have put some fresh herbs in them.

Overall it was a good lesson and I think that I will end up making these for my family and friends. I like how this is quick and easy to make, you can cook them the night before and take them for lunch the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.