Pages

Tuesday 19 February 2019

Creative Writing #4- Slam Poetry

Slam poetry is the art of spoken word and it combines the elements of performance, writing, and competition. It can be performed in competition called a poetry slam.


I chose a poem from a site called Digital Poet to use. 

Words are Weapons 


This poem shows you how that, words, even if you meant them as a joke can still hurt the people around you.
Hidden with the collection of words
That hammer nails through wooden skin,
That built a coffin within
My gut
The four lines above stuck out to me because words that you say to people could just  sit there and fester and make the person that you have said all these hurtful things to, put a guard up that won't ever come down. 

She kind of looked off,
A twinkle moistened her eye,
And wrinkles hoisted either side
Of her lips

And she said: "He's such a d**k"

Wow.

“F**k you too”, I thought.

I blew it off.

acted like it never happened.


But I added those words to the collection of:
"You Always", "You never", "Why can't you", "I wish you", "You used to", "I told you", "Try harder", and "How could you's",
That I always stow 

Below deck,
Hidden away
Like Hannibal Lecter’s prey
Image result for words are weapons
This is the start of the poem and its also my favourite part.  I love the way that the writer has written it and when you listen to the audio, you can actually feel like what hes saying is true, like its what hes going through. Which I mean, he could be but you would never know because he puts on a face so that you won't see what is going on inside. Like most people. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.