Pages

Tuesday 15 May 2018

WORD VOMIT

Bitting my sandwich I look at all the soldiers milling around. All of our uniforms are identical. Same green jacket, same back pants, and the same weird looking hat. Across from me is a small wooden bench. The wooden slates are all different colors and sizes, most of it must have come from the ship that we found on the beach. I look away and continue to eat my sandwich. I glance back at the bench and see a small furry monkey staring at me with his head tilted. 

I pull a bit of bread of the sandwich and hold my hand out to the creature. He looks at me with uncertainty before slowly slinking forward to take the food. His coarse golden fur is rough against my finger and he nibbles the bread. I begin to wonder how on earth he got to this island in the first place. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.