Pages

Tuesday 10 April 2018

Wonder Novel Study Essay






Describe a key moment that shocked or surprised you in the written text. Explain how this moment was important to the text as a whole.




The one moment that shocked me the most was when Jack Will was talking to Julian. It made me see that while people are nice on the outside and when they are with you it doesn't mean that they will be nice when talking to other people about you. 


I felt pretty bad when August walked into that class feeling good because people weren't cowering away from him and being disgusted at his appearance. He stopped when he heard the voices and realized that on was his best friend say that 'he would want to die if he looked like him'. he ran and that's when I realized that even though he seemed nice he wasn't. 


That was also when he said he wasn't coming back to school ever again. I felt angry that Jack would say that even though now I understand that maybe he just wanted to fit in with the boys that were mean to him and Auggie. The part that stunned me that most were that he felt bad weeks later and ending up punching Julian for what he said in the hallway. When Auggie heard he asked Jack if it was something to do with him and he said yes. Auggie eventually forgave him when made me smile. 


I guess that this experience proved to me that if you manage to break your friendship with someone because of something you said it could easily be fixed. I enjoyed this book because it portrayed what some kids go through when they go to school and people don't like the way they look, the way the dress or the way they talk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.