Pages

Thursday 29 November 2018

Fizzy-Bugsy Malone Play

This year for Passion Projects, I chose to do Musical Theatre. The play that we are doing in Bugsy Malone. It's set in New York and is mainly about the fighting between the two rival gangs, Dandy Dan's gang and Fat Sam's gang. The play is messy with all the cream pies and splurge guns but that makes it a whole lot more fun. My character is Fizzy. He is the caretaker janitor at Fat Sam's Grand Slam. He sweeps and cleans up after the gangs fight in the joint. I feel like after doing all of this and then there being another fight, he gets sick of it and starts to get very frustrated with the gangs fighting all of the time.

Fizzy's costume is quite simple. In most of the photos and the stage show that I have seen, he wears denim overalls and then underneath either an old flannel or a off white t shirt. Fizzy is a very humble character who wants to be a dancer and a singer not a cleaner at Fat Sam's. Fizzy always tries to show Sam that he can sing and dance in hopes that maybe Sam will give him a part in singing.

Image result for fizzy bugsy malone costumeImage result for fizzy bugsy malone

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Chloe, I like the pose with the mop [I have got a better mop for you] and I hope you can dance with your friend mop :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.