Pages

Friday 26 July 2019

Boomerangs in Social Studies.

Explain the purpose of the activity

Since the last week of term two, we have been learning about aboriginal art, symbols and boomerangs. The first task that we had to do was research. The research involved finding out information about the symbols that were used, and the types of boomerangs. The purpose of the activity was to find out about a different culture and to explain the way that some people express themselves through the art and designs that they do. 

The story of my boomerang

I didn't really have a story, I just went straight in and painted as I wasn't here the first two days and didn't have time to plan it. But after I started painting and hoping for the best, I found a story within the paint that I had strewn across it. I decided that it was about how the earth water and sun all relate to one another and help each other thrive. I not as happy with my boomerang as I hoped to be, but with only one day to decide on a story and what the story was going to be about, I think that the boomerang turned out as good as expected. The green, black and brown all represent the earth while the different shade of blue show the oceans, lakes and rivers. Then finally, the orangey-browns, oranges and the yellows are the sun/sunlight, touching all the land around them. 
What went well while painting your boomerang?

Everything went well, I think. While I didn't have a plan at all and just guessed, the colours all seem to fit together, like a puzzle. If I could change some things about the design, it would be that I had a plan that was detailed and that I didn't have to rush the painting part of the boomerang. Using tape to create a nice, crisp (well, sort of crisp) edge was the best thing that went well. It helped me sort of see where my design was going and where each colour was going to go. I believe that people tried their best while painting their boomerang and that people enjoyed this activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.